A Complete No-Cost Commercial Development Environment
Full Commercial Dev ToolsEvery SCM Development Kit comes with an unlocked, single seat commercial license to Segger Embedded Studio, enabling powerful cross-platform C development and debugging for your SCM projects. All Serious ARM-based SCM example projects come pre-engineered out-of-the-box for Segger Embedded Studio.
SHIPWare – A Complete Firmware Platform for Comms/Control App Development
Every SCM also comes with Serious SHIPWare – a starting set of code and firmware on which you can build powerful control and communications applications, leveraging all the features of your module. SHIPWare complete, commercially supported software including:
- Segger OS and Stacks
- Serious frameworks and infrastructure, including the SHIPv5 Boot System with firmware update and version management
- Drivers and high level abstractions for on-board peripherals, including UART, SPI, I2C, WiFi, Ethernet, FLASH storage, and more
From Segger, the following no-cost, pre-licensed, pre-ported and fully supported linkable object libraries are included:
- Segger embOS RTOS kernel, pre-ported and optimized for the platform
- Segger emFile file system, including FAT and embedded file system support with journaling, and all the necessary drivers pre-integrated for the platform
- Segger emUSB-Device USB device/host stacks with various classes, and pre-integrated for the peripherals
- Segger emTCP/IP and TLS/SSL security stacks (including DHCP, web server, ftp, and more), pre-integrated with the WiFi and Ethernet peripherals
- Segger MQTT and CoAP stacks for IoT data connectivity
- Segger emCrypt, the foundational NIST-validated security you need for IoT and device connectivity
This OS and stack implementation is fully supported by Serious and is production-licensed for one copy per Serious module purchased – there are no additional required fees or licensing to use the Segger object software with the SCM. Source code and Segger-direct support is available as an upgrade from Segger with a discount for Serious customers.
In addition to these ingredients, SHIPWare includes numerous application level frameworks, drivers, and example code for developing a communicating and controlling application, including heap and buffer management, the SHIPBridge device and host protocol stacks for communicating with the HMI. This software is provided in source code format and is fully supported by the Serious team.