SHIPEngine: the Power Behind Great HMI User Experiences
Every Serious Integrated HMI Module (SIM) comes pre-installed with several firmware components:
- SHIPPaddle (PADD), the initial early stage bootstrapper,
- SHIPTug (TUGB), the full bootloader with firmware update capabilities, and,
- SHIPEngine (ENGN), the runtime engine rendering your GUI and communicating.
SHIPEngine is the power behind the User Experience. Prebuilt and installed in every SIM, SHIPEngine includes:
- Graphics Rendering Engine
- Image, Audio, and Video decoding (platform dependent)
- Font management
- Script execution in an internal VM
- GUI File (aka the “cargo”) loader/decoder
- All drivers, stacks, embedded OS, and infrastructure
- Communications protocols (Modbus and SHIPBridge)
SHIPEngine is distributed in binary-only executable format, and can be installed in a SIM using the SHIPTide GUI authoring tool or the SHIPCrane production programming software.