Powerful Board-to-Board Data and Firmware Movement
SHIPBridge is a powerful protocol enabling communications between Serious modules, such as a Serious Integrated Module (SIM) and a Serious Communications Module (SCM). SHIPBridge provides numerous services between the devices, including:
- Over-the-wire firmware and GUI updates
- Bidirectional data exchange: pushed, polled, with priority and starvation management
- Attached-module control and status monitoring
Built Into every SIM and Arm-based SCM
One Protocol - Multiple Interfaces
SHIPBridge currently operates over any of the following physical interfaces:
- USB (vendor or CDC)
- UART (including RS422 full duplex connections)
- Ethernet, WiFi, and other TCP/IP-enabled ports (SCMs only)
On SCMs and SIMs, SHIPBridge can run concurrently over multiple interfaces.
The SHIPBridge Protocol Specification and example drivers are available under NDA from Serious.
Need SHIPBridge in your system to talk with a Serious module? The SHIPBridge Protocol Specification and example drivers are available under NDA from Serious, and our integration team can help port the driver to your platform: contact us today.